Our Client is one of the most successful contractors around the world, which also acts as a promoter of initiatives in project finance and concession. In 2010 the Co. was placed in world rankings of the Engineering News Record "ENR Top Global Contractors 2010 ".
Transport infrastructure, water and renewable energy, civil construction and industrial areas are the best interests of the contracting and grant activities developed by the Group. A group made up of people and managers with the know-how of high profile over the years have been able to guarantee a continuity of management, guiding the company along a path of steady growth and development.
Listed on the Stock Exchange since June 2002, the Co. today contributes to the development of the world in 24 countries.
The Numbers of the Group
• More than 100 active sites in 23 different countries.
• More than 500 major works around the world.
• More than 2 billion euros in consolidated sales in late 2010.
• More than 9 billion euros of order backlog at December 31, 2010.
Project: WHSD (Western High Speed Diameter) for Northern Highway Capital (agent in Public Private Partnership from the municipality of Saint Petersburg)
Performer : JV – Type of contract: EPC
Building the central section of the ring road in the city of St. Petersburg. Within this section, it is planned to construct an overpassing metal bridge 40 meters wide and 10 km long. In front of the harbour such a bridge will include two metal backstays outstretched towards the sea.
Contract value: about 2.2 billion € -- Duration of contract: 36 months -- Relocation: February 2012 -- Construction starting: April 2012.
As General Contractor, JV will transfer all the activities. The work is expected to be segmented in 7 sites.
Role: Construction Manager / Reporting to: Project Manager / Location: Russia – Saint Petersburg
Role-summary: Construction Manager oversees the progresses of the work related to the Job order, verifying and issuing compliance with laws and regulations, contractual rules, technical requirements, execution plans and programmes of works.
Responsibility: In particular:
- Construction Manager coordinates and manages the activities for:
- Civil Works;
- Civil Building Works;
- Building Electromechanical Works;
- Construction Manager reports to the Project Manager (PME) on the technical and productive progress of the work through daily and weekly reports;
- with full and complete autonomy both in the decision making and in the expenditure, s/he accomplishes and realizes within the guidelines received by the PME, the prescribed and needed actions for the supervision and prevention of the accidents at work. S/he is accountable for safety and hygiene at work, according to the “Safety Management Plan” (PGS). S/he performs the necessary assessments and ensures effectiveness of the risk management tools in the construction yard (for example “Safety Operational Plans” (POS)), to ensure the respect of the contracts and the agreements, as well as the compliance with what is expected from the applicable legislation from time to time. For these purposes, s/he may conclude, modify and solve, by mean of every appropriate clause, including the one compromised, all the necessary contracts for the fulfilment of these obligations related to the supervision and prevention of the accidents at work, as well as safety and hygiene at work, without any spending limit.
In particular, for the activities related to Hygiene and Safety:
- Construction Manager distributes the operating instructions specifically designed to ensure, in the various stages of the work, the full respect of laws and regulations on the hygiene at work and accident prevention, as well as risk assessment documents, through the adoption of measures and precautions required according to the peculiarities of the on-going job, monitoring that the whole staff in the building site respects the law, including the law prescribed by risk assessment documents;
- s/he cooperates with PME and SMC to draft Safety Management Plan (PGS), on the basis of corporate guidelines, and checks the proper implementation of this plan;
- s/he cooperates with PME and Safety Manager to draft risk assessment documents, on the basis of guidelines given by the current legislation; s/he checks the proper implementation of prevention and security measures therein enclosed;
- s/he timely applies the potential prescriptions given by appropriate bodies for hygiene, safety and environmental prevention, even if this will cause the temporary stop of plants, machineries or working activities;
- s/he takes any measures to ensure it is possible to check periodically the efficiency of the tools or going accident prevention measures instruments and monitor that the required products are not removed for the duration of the work; - in assigning tasks to employees, s/he takes any measures in order to take into account their abilities and conditions, with reference to health and safety; - s/he collaborates with the PME to plan and schedule job order work; - s/he works with the Technical Manager (RICE) for the preparation of the work program; - s/he collaborates with the Project Control (PCC) for the preparation of the budget and plans for expenditures; - s/he informs the Quality Manager (RQC) of non-compliance cases (NC) reported on the work and proposes corrective actions and the appropriate countermeasures to the PME / RQC; - s/he informs the Environmental Manager (EMC) about any detected NC and proposes corrective actions and the appropriate countermeasures to the PME / EMC;
- s/he supports the RICE / RQC / EMC / SMC in the drafting of the Operating Procedures / Method Statements;
- s/he plans purchases within her/his remit, relatively to machinery, equipment, facilities, goods and services needed to carry out the work;
- s/he collaborates to the survey of the analysis received;
- s/he collaborates with the PME / RICE in the verification and review before the beginning of the works;
- s/he collaborates with the RICE in the building planning before the start of the works;
- s/he is responsible for proper implementation of operating procedures in the Project Management Plan (PGP);
- s/he is responsible for proper implementation of operating procedures provided in the Environmental Management Plan (PGA);
- s/he provides information on technical requirements to be included in contracts with third parties;
- s/he collaborates with the RIC in the preparation of technical and contractual documents needed to request permissions;
- s/he ensures the proper management of machinery, equipment and plants, unless there is a specific responsible;
- s/he authorizes the purchase requests for the sectors within his/her responsability;
- s/he takes measures for the correct distribution, archiving and preservation of documents within his/her remit.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering Technician;
- Relevant experience of at least 10 years in the same role or similar roles in structured companies of same sector, at international level, preferably in Russia, in complex projects for the construction of infrastructure works in the transport and/or civil sector including viaducts and bridges, preferably metal.
1. Technical standards of design, planning and execution for the field of reference of the project
2. Accident prevention regulations, quality, occupational safety, environmental protection
3. Contracts management
4. Specialist in foundation works (consolidation, piles, micropiles etc...)
5. Earthwork (excavation and embankments)
6. Viaducts, flyovers and bridges
7. Structures in elevation (traditional concrete or prefabricated) - It is required fluent knowledge of English, while the knowledge of Russian language will be an important plus.
The profile would be completed by the possession of managerial and organizational skills, operational problem solving attitude, leadership and team development, decision making, sound economic understanding and strong sense of corporate citizenship. Where applicable, it is required to be fully available to relocate to Russia for the duration of the project.
Если вакансия Вас заинтересовала, то Вы можете отправить нам Ваше резюме.