Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager
Our Client is one of the most successful contractors around the world, which also acts as a promoter of initiatives in project finance and concession. In 2010 the Co. was placed in world rankings of the Engineering News Record "ENR Top Global Contractors 2010 ".
Transport infrastructure, water and renewable energy, civil construction and industrial areas are the best interests of the contracting and grant activities developed by the Group. A group made up of people and managers with the know-how of high profile over the years have been able to guarantee a continuity of management, guiding the company along a path of steady growth and development.
Listed on the Stock Exchange since June 2002, the Co. today contributes to the development of the world in 24 countries.
The Numbers of the Group
• More than 100 active sites in 23 different countries.
• More than 500 major works around the world.
• More than 2 billion euros in consolidated sales in late 2010.
• More than 9 billion euros of order backlog at December 31, 2010.
Project: WHSD (Western High Speed Diameter) for Northern Highway Capital (agent in Public Private Partnership from the municipality of Saint Petersburg)
Performer : JV – Type of contract: EPC
Building the central section of the ring road in the city of St. Petersburg. Within this section, it is planned to construct an overpassing metal bridge 40 meters wide and 10 km long. In front of the harbor such a bridge will include two metal backstays outstretched towards the sea.
Contract value: about 2.2 billion ˆ -- Duration of contract: 36 months -- Relocation: February 2012 -- Construction starting: April 2012.
As General Contractor, JV will transfer all the activities. The work is expected to be segmented in 7 sites.
Role: Quality Assurance / Quality Control Manager
Reports to the Project Manager;
• As the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Representative of the ICA, has the necessary independency and authority to implement, maintain and inspect Quality Assurance and Quality Control policy rules of the established company;
Main responsibilities and duties are as follows:
• Responsible for the appropriate implementation of the Quality Management system in all sections of the project in accordance with the Quality Management System;
• Assists and Project Manager to form, arrange and issue the Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the ICA;
• Assists and guides Project Manager in definition of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Management Program of the ICA;
• Reviews sections of the contract regarding quality assurance within his responsibility, project, terms and regulations, ensures to clarify imperfective and unclear matters if there is any;
• Arranges, confirms correspondences with the Employer and third parties regarding the Quality Assurance and Quality Control and supports, guides the Project Manager;
• Prepares Quality Management Procedures by sticking to the rules of the above mentioned Policy of the ICA;
• Performs Internal Audits regarding Management Systems to verify that the Quality is in accordance with the joint venture policy, local laws and regulations, ISO 9001and assists “Certification Institution” and/or third parties in all necessary external audits;
• Prepares “Project Internal Audit Program” and gets approval of the Project Manager;
• Keeps records of the performed audits and follows-up the corrective actions regarding the specified non-conformities;
• Circulates, registers and files the Quality procedures, records and/or instructions;
• Monitors and evaluates procedures and instructions of the Quality Assurance in the Project ;
• Prepares monthly Quality Assurance and Quality Control Activities and submits to the Project Manager for approval;
• Reviews sections of the contract regarding quality assurance and the related management systems, project, conditions of contract and regulations and ensures to clarify imperfective and unclear matters if there is any;
• Throughout the project, preserves all the records related to the quality assurance and forms an archive by orderly arranging other documents generated and issued by his own department (as digital and hard copy);
• Confirms that the achieves of the other departments in the project are managed in line with the requirements of the quality assurance management system;
• Coordinates and manages the technical documents (quality control procedures, quality control plans, correspondences, evaluations etc) produced by his own department, to be accurately prepared and distributed to site;
• Confirms that the technical documents (drawings, reports, correspondences, evaluations etc) produced by the Technical Office are distributed properly and as updated, to the construction sections;
• During the construction, asks for the cooperation of the other sections in taking decisions for the development or improvement of the quality, in making evaluations, in execution of the regulations and takes pioneering role in this matter;
• Prepares the Quality Control Plan with the support of Construction and Technical Office Department, approves and ensures to be fully implemented;
• Ensures that the Quality related procedures are implemented by the sections/personnel of the project and monitors the implementation;
• Gets information on the measurement process of the control/test equipment used during the construction and ensures that these are used as calibrated;
• Detects nonconformities during the project construction period and in cooperation with the department in which the nonconformity is detected, determines, notifies necessary corrective actions with the approval of the Project Manager and monitors that they are implemented;
• Records the stated nonconformities and follows-up the corrective actions when necessary;
• Monitors the evaluation of Suppliers/Subcontractors with the support of the related sections in the project and informs the Project Manager;
• When necessary, coordinates inspections and tests required to be performed at site by getting the support of Technical Office Director / Construction Director;
• Records all the results related to the performed inspections and tests in appropriate forms and collects quality records in accordance with the project filing system and ensures to be filed;
• Reviews and learns the sections of the contract, project terms and technical regulation regarding the technical and quality control matters for the construction of the project;
• Coordinates and monitors the quality control activities and teams in the scope of the project and responsible for the efficient management of these;
• Gets the Quality and Control Plans prepared, approves it and ensures to be fully performed;
• Checks the compatibility of the materials to be purchased for the project, with the technical terms and regulations and supports Logistic and Purchasing Department on the matter;
• Arranges receiving inspections and gives the necessary approvals for incoming import or domestic project materials in coordination with Administration Director, Procurement, Logistics and Contracts Director, Warehouse Chief, Electromechanical Works Director, Construction Director and Technical Office Director.
• Performs, coordinates and monitors all the quality control activities required before the construction, during the construction and after the construction, related to the materials to be used in the project (cement, aggregate, sand, chemical tests, physical tests, field density tests, temperature controls etc);
• Coordinates and manages that the technical documents (drawings, reports, tests, certificates, correspondences, evaluations etc.) produced in his department are properly prepared and distributed to the related sections or authorities (Employer);
• Preserves all the records related to the quality control activities accomplished throughout the project and forms an archive by orderly arranging other documents generated and issued by his own department (as digital and hard copy);
• Prepares and records test samples, makes necessary tests and records the results;
• Arranges and updates the lists of the laboratory quality control equipment;
• Responsible for the appropriate usage and maintenance of the laboratory quality control equipment used under his responsibility;
• Prepares and updates “Calibration Plan” related to the laboratory quality control equipment used under his responsibility;
• Prepares and updates “Data Cards” related to the laboratory quality control equipment used under his responsibility;
• Informs QA/QC Department on the calibration process of the laboratory quality control equipment used under his responsibility and ensures that these are used as calibrated;
• Determines, together with the Main Logistics, Purchasing Section, related Site Implementation Sections, Quality Department, the way of solving non-conformities occurred during the procurement period;
• Organizes all laboratory inspection and tests of the materials, used during the project, to determine their quality and compatibility with the technical conditions of contract and confirms the results;
• Coordinates and monitors the Quality Control Section Representatives of the Subcontractors in the scope of the Project;
• During the project, takes pioneering role in taking decisions for the development or improvement of the quality, in making evaluations and in execution of the regulations;
• Ensures and controls that the procedures are implemented by the sections/people reporting to him;
• Detects nonconformities during the project construction period and requests QA/QC Department for the necessary corrective actions.
If any non-conformed material arrives gives notification for quarantine of the material, raising non-conformance and informs Project Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement, Logistics and Contracts Director, Warehouse Chief, Electromechanical Works Director, Construction Director and Technical Office Director for holding that material and/or equipment.
Åñëè âàêàíñèÿ Âàñ çàèíòåðåñîâàëà, òî Âû ìîæåòå îòïðàâèòü íàì Âàøå ðåçþìå.